VN-360 GPS-Compass from VectorNav Technologies
Available Q4 2016
Incorporating two onboard GNSS receivers, the VN-360 measures the relative position between two connected GNSS antennas to calculate a heading solution that is an order of magnitude more accurate than a magnetic compass. The VN-360 also incorporates a set of 3-axis gyros and accelerometers that provide pitch and roll measurements and enable the VN-360 to output a continuous heading solution through a temporary loss of GPS.
Designed with maximum flexibility in mind, the VN-360 supports a variety of GNSS antennas that can be mounted on a host platform with a separation distance anywhere from a few centimeters to several meters. Users can choose a configuration that suits the mounting constraints of their platform or optimize the heading accuracy and startup time of the VN-360 to meet the requirements of their application.
The VN-360 features VectorNav’s state-of-the-art SmartAlign™ technology, a set of intelligent algorithms that eliminate erroneous heading measurements at startup. SmartAlign™ adds an extra layer of reliability when initializing the VN-360 in a range of operating environments.
- Heading as accurate as 0.15° RMS
- Alignment in under two minutes (typical)
- Flexible GNSS antenna baseline configurations
- Simple one-time setup and configuration
- Onboard 3-axis gyro and accelerometer:
- Pitch & roll measurements
- Heading updates during temporary loss of GPS
- SmartAlign™ technology eliminates erroneous
- heading measurements at startup
- Unaffected by ferrous materials, motors, batteries, vibration and changes in the magnetic environment
- Heading output up to 10 Hz
- Dual 72 Channel L1 GNSS receivers
- Miniature surface mount package (30-pin LGA)
- Dimensions: 24 x 22 x 3 mm
- Weight: 5 grams
- Self-locking U.FL connectors for GNSS antennas