As of November 7, 2014, LabSat 2 Record & Replay (RLLSR02 GNL1) and LabSat 2 Replay only (RLLSP02 GNL1) have been withdrawn from the LabSat product range. LabSat 3 replaces the LabSat 2 product models and satisfies the requirement for a dual and triple constellation system. For a link to the LabSat product see the Related Items tab.
LabSat2 has now the ability to record and replay satellite signals from the Chinese navigation system BeiDou (Compass). When complete, the t, the BeiDou system will ultimately consist of 35 satellites providing worldwide positioning capability by 2020. It currently offers coverage over Asia and Southeast Asia.
LabSat2 can be used to record and replay files from all four major constellations in the following combinations:
- GPS/Galileo GLONASS
- GPS/Galileo BeiDou
- GLONASS BeiDou
- Single constellation at 2 2 bit
It builds on the highly successful LabSat system. It is capable of recording and replaying two channels of GPS and GLONASS data. This enables real-world, repeatable testing of GNSS devices to take place in the laboratory.
- Output & monitor internal receivers in real time
- Input stable time frequency
- 2 bit quantisation when using only one constellation
- Buffer indicator
- Real-world GPS phenomena can be seen in test scenarios (e.g. multipath, drop-outs, tree coverage, atmospheric effects)
- Low cost
- Simple yet powerful LabSat software for record and replay
- SatGen software for GPS simulation
- Small, rugged, anodised aluminium body
- Portable can be powered via Vehicle DC supply
- USB port for PC connectivity
The BeiDou firmware and software upgrade is free of charge for current LabSat2 users and can be downloaded on the LabSat website. Please follow the upgrade instructions on the page.