Understanding GPS: Principles and Applications, Kaplan and Hegarty
THIS BOOK HAS BEEN REPLACED BY THE THIRD EDITION. PLEASE SEE RELATED PRODUCTS.
This thoroughly updated second edition of Understanding GPS: Principles and Applications (hardcover) is an Artech House bestseller and brings together a team of leading experts who provide a current and comprehensive treatment of the Global Positioning System (GPS). The book covers all the latest advances in technology, applications, and systems.
Material new to the second edition includes
- Modern receiver designs and integration into vehicles and cellular telephones;
- Modernized GPS satellites, ground facilities, and signals;
- The emerging Galileo system;
- New developments in the GPS marketplace.
Practical guidance enables professions to
- Development new applications and evaluate their performance;
- Decide which differential GPS services are best suited for a particular application;
- Build or select GPS receivers and integrate them into navigational and communications equipment;
- Determine how technology is affecting the marketplace and where to unvest a company’s resources.
Elliott Kaplan is a principal engineer at the MITRE Corporation, Bedford, Massachusetts. He earned his M.S. in electrical engineering from Northeastern University.
Christopher Hegarty is a senior principal engineer at the MITRE Corporation, Bedford, MA. He received a D.Sc. in electrical engineering from The George Washington University and currently serves as editor of the Institute of Navigation’s quarterly journal, NAVIGATION, and as a member of RTCA, Inc.’s Program Management Committee.
Related NavtechGPS GNSS Training Courses
If you are a technical professional or engineer who is new to GPS/GNSS and want to get up to speed quickly on this technology, see Course 346: GPS / GNSS Operation for Engineers & Technical Professionals: Principles, Technology, Applications and Intro to Basic DGPS Concepts (2.4 CEUs). This 4-day course is offered to the public approximately two times per year at different locations and is also available as a contract course to be presented on-site, at your location.
For those who also want more information of Differential GPS and Kalman filtering, see Course 356 (available on-site only).
Take this course from one of the people who wrote the book on it. Dr. Chris Hegarty, MITRE, usually teaches this course for NavtechGPS.
NavtechGPS has been a world-leading in GPS education and training for more than 30 years. See what our others have said about our courses.