Shipping and Handling Methods and Policies
NavtechGPS offers shipping through UPS, FedEx and the U.S. Postal Service. Requests to use other carriers may be honored if a valid shipping account number is provided. Customers may also provide their own UPS or FedEx account. (See responsibilities below) NavtechGPS does not charge handling fees.
Our Shipping and Handling
All orders shipped are properly packaged by NavtechGPS to the required specifications of the chosen carrier. NavtechGPS will provide a reasonable degree of assistance with package tracking and resolution of shipment problems. NavtechGPS cannot be held responsible or liable for any delays in shipping by the carrier or by customs, or for any lost productivity due to delays in shipment.
When using the customer’s own shipping account or a freight forwarding service, the recipient assumes all responsibility from point of shipment.
- All customs, duties, clearance fees and import tariffs are the responsibility of the customer.
- All items must be fully insured through the carrier of choice or proof of independent insurance is required from the customer prior to shipping.
- Proper customs forms will be filed listing only and exactly the items contained in the shipment.
All shipments are sent out in cardboard boxes as a standard. The contents within the box will be protected from impacts from shipping through use of packing materials including bubble wrap, air bags, foam and paper. The box will be bound with cellophane and/or fiber packaging tape.
Please contact us for any additional packing requests. Charges may apply.
Shipping and Handling Rates
Our shipping rates are calculated based on the weight, size, destination and the insured value of the package.
A copy of our return/replacement policy is included in every shipment. Please read our return/replacement policy before opening or using any product.
We want our customers to be happy with the products we sell, and we understand that sometimes products will be returned. Please take a few moments to read our terms for returns and replacements.
- Defective equipment must be returned as soon as received, but no later than 30 days from the ship date printed on invoices and packing slips.
- Most products carry a 1-year limited manufacturer warranty. Please check the product literature for full details.
- Keep your original invoice as proof of purchase.
- Incomplete shipments must be reported to us within 3 (three) days of customer receipt.
- Unused equipment may be returned for credit within 30 days of purchase. Credit will be issued, less a 15% restocking fee, after the product has been received and inspected.
- Special order items and custom cables are not returnable.
- Services and/or subscriptions are non-refundable and non-cancelable.
Reporting and Packaging Your Return
- ALL returns require pre-authorization from NavtechGPS. An RMA (Return Materials Authorization) can be obtained by calling NavtechGPS at 800-628-0885 or 703-256-8900, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., EST. Please have the NavtechGPS invoice or packing slip available when you call. If the product is defective, please be prepared to tell us about the problem. (International customers may email us with a complete description of the problem or concern.).
- Returns that show signs of abuse cannot be accepted.
- Items received without an RMA number will be refused or returned.
- ALL returns require a proof of purchase (copy of the original invoice)
- All boxes must have the RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the boxand on the mailing label as shown below.
- Returned products must be shipped 100% complete, including the original box, packaging material, manuals, software, inserts or flyers, and all other accessories provided by the manufacturer.
- All returns must be boxed within a box with sufficient filler and taped closed with proper filament or wide tape. Items shipped back with the manufacturer’s product packaging as the shipping box will be refused.
Returning Defective Products
- NavtechGPS will issue a UPS call tag for addresses in the United States so you do not have to pay return postage.
- We regret our international customers must pay their return shipping and insurance. We will pay the shipping and insurance to return a replacement product to you if you have requested one.
Returning Non-Defective or Exchange Merchandise
- A 15% restocking fee will be charged for non-defective returns, unless it is being exchanged for an item of equal or greater value. In this case the product must still be in perfect condition with all the original materials as mentioned above. Not all items are returnable. Please refer to the General Policy section of this document.
- Custom cables and items that NavtechGPS has modified at the customer’s request are not returnable under any circumstances.
- Non-defective returns or exchanges should be sent via UPS, or other carrier that requires a signature, and should be insured for the value of the invoice.
- Returning the product in good condition and the return freight are the responsibility of the customer.
Credit of Returned Merchandise and Re-orders
Upon receipt, all products will be carefully inspected. Credit may be refused and balances for missing or damaged items will not be credited to your account. We will ship back any incomplete or damaged items that fall under this category. Credit for items returned in good order will be given within 10 days of receipt.
Special Terms Regarding Software
Software products are generally not returnable unless defective. Once opened, software titles and products (such as some GPS receivers) that include software may not be returned.
Special Terms Regarding Subscriptions
- Atlas™, StarFire™ , OmniSTAR™ and TerraStar™ and any other subscriptions are not returnable and non-cancelable.
Special Terms Regarding International Orders
- Except under special circumstances, all international orders must be returned at the customer’s expense. We regret that NavtechGPS cannot be responsible for any duties, fees, or taxes that may be incurred.