TerraStar-C PRO Multi-constellation Correction Service
NovAteL’S TerraStar-C PRO correction service with multi-constellation support, including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou
NovAtel introduced the TerraStar-C PRO service for its OEM7 and Smart7 family of products in 2019. TerraStar-C PRO replaced Terra-Star-C in 2019.
NovAtels TerraStar-C PRO offers a robust multi-constellation solution that provides greater positioning accuracy, availability and reliability than before. With the growing number of operational GNSS satellites, TerraStar-C PRO offers benefits in challenging signal conditions such as multipath, shading, interference and scintillation. High-rate TerraStar-C PRO corrections provide reconvergence in less than 60 seconds following brief GNSS signal interruptions.
TerraStar-C PRO corrections are generated using TerraStars proprietary global network of more than 100 strategically located GNSS reference stations. The correction data is delivered worldwide through overlapping geostationary satellites directly to a NovAtel receiver or via cellular IP network.
With OEM7 triple L-band support, TerraStar-C PRO correction signals from up to three satellites can be tracked and used simultaneously, providing continuous correction data reception when the primary satellite signal is blocked.
Correction Service Options
|Performance||TerraStar-X 3||TerraStar-L 1||TerraStar-C 2||TerraStar-C Pro|
|Horizontal Accuracy 3||
2 cm (RMS)
2.5 cm (95%)
40 cm (RMS)
50 cm (95%)
4 cm (RMS)
5 cm (95%)
2.5 cm (RMS)
3 cm (95%)
|Vertical Accuracy 3||5 cm (RMS)||60 cm (RMS)||6.5 cm (RMS)||5 cm (RMS)|
|Convergence Time 4||<1 min||<5 min||30-45 min||<18 min|
|Supported Platform||OEM7||OEM7, OEM6||OEM6||
- Satellite-delivered corrections eliminate the need for base station(s) and cellular network connectivity
- TerraStar corrections superior GNSS reference network, redundant system architecture, continuous quality monitoring
- High rate corrections provide rapid re-convergence, typically in less than 60 seconds following brief GNSS signal disruptions
- OEM positioning technology allows continuous operation through correction signal interruptions up to 300 seconds
- Overlapping geostationary satellite coverage ensures maximal coverage
- Triple L-Band tracking5 allows better correction signals reception even in challenging environments
- A seamlessly integrated solution from a single source including GNSS hardware and corrections
- TerraStar-L is available on OEM7 products and the following OEM6 products: OEM628, FlexPak6 and SMART6-L products. TerraStar-L convergence time is specified to a horizontal accuracy of 50 cm at 95 percent.
- TerraStar-C was replaced by TerraStar-C Pro in 2019. TerraStar-C is only available on OEM628, OEM638, FlexPak6, ProPak6 and SMART6-L products.
- Measured performance from seven-day static data. Horizontal and vertical accuracy may differ based on receiver capabilities, location, GNSS constellation health and visibility, GNSS/L-Band signal obstructions, level of multipath/interference, and local atmospheric conditions.
- Convergence times may vary by several minutes and are dependent on observing conditions including the number of visible GNSS signals, level of multipath and proximity to obstructions like large trees or buildings. TerraStar-C and PRO convergence times are specified to a horizontal accuracy of 5 cm at 95 percent. TerraStar-L convergence time is specified to a horizontal accuracy of 50 cm at 95 percent.
- Triple L-Band tracking is supported only on OEM7 platforms. Most locations have at least two geostationary satellites in view.