Chronos CTL3520 Handheld GPS Jammer Detector and Locator
The Chronos Technology CTL3520 GPS Jammer Detector and Locator is both a GPS L1 jamming detector and locator. This handheld, battery operated unit with directional finding is designed to detect and quickly locate the presence of jamming signals from commercially available GPS jammers or too much power or interference broadcast in the GPS L1 band.
The CTL3520 uses innovative technology to accurately determine which vehicle or individual is hosting the jammer, and then point the user in the direction of the jammer. Aimed specifically at detecting GPS jammers hidden in vehicles, the unit can pinpoint even the weakest jammer and identify the vehicle in which the jammer is hidden, even in a busy multi-level parking garage. Other applications include detecting vehicles with jammers at airports, fleet depots, airport parking garages and in taxi fleets.
Direction Finding and Detection Capability
- The CTL 3520 has a liquid crystal display which indicates the direction of the jammer with a visual indication.
- There is also a signal strength indicator. This enables the operator to quickly identify the jammer direction and location in order to mitigate the threat.
- The CTL 3520 is sensitive enough to detect even the lowest power jammers which are commercially available on the market.
LED Signal Strength Indicators
- Eight LEDs are used to indicate signal strength of the received signal centred at 1575.42MHz (GPS L1).
- Yellow LEDs indicate lower power and red LEDs indicate higher power.
- Each LED indicates strength in approximately 5dB steps.
If you need a mount, we suggest the suction cup mount with cradle shown on this page.