Hemisphere Vector V104 GPS Compass
The V104 GPS Compass from Hemisphere GNSS provides a heading-and-position-based smart antenna by using SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, etc.) for differential GPS positioning. The rugged and low-profile enclosure combines Hemisphere’s Crescent® Vector technology and two multi-path resistant antennas for accuracy and portability. The smart antenna measures less than a half meter in length and mounts easily to a flat surface or pole.
The V104 integrates two GPS antennas, a multi-axis gyro and a tilt sensor into a single, easy-to-use system. The dual integrated antennas provide both heading and position data, and the gyro and tilt sensor improve system performance and provide backup heading information if the GPS-based heading is ever lost.
An alternative to traditional gyro and fluxgate compass sensors, the Vector V104 offers a choice of either serial or NMEA2000 communications and is ideal for a wide array of applications, especially in the marine, GIS Mapping, and machine control markets.
- Provides heading, pitch, roll, heave and position
- Excellent in-band and out-of-band interference rejection
- 2 degree (RMS) heading accuracy in a small form factor
- Integrated gyro and tilt sensors deliver fast start-up times and provide heading updates during temporary loss of GPS and satellites
- Differential position accuracy of 1 m, 95% of the time
- Accurate heading for up to 3 minutes during GNSS outages
- COAST technology maintains differentially corrected positioning for 40 minutes or more after loss of differential signal
- Offered as a Serial or NMEA 2000 version